Belize Covid-19 Travel Restrictions Eased [June 2021]
Traveling as we once knew it has changed, and in Belize, it's no different.
However, the restrictions for visiting Belize are slowly easing, and I'll outline the steps and procedures that are currently in place to visit Belize:
1. ALMOST any Traveler can visit Belize at this time
Except persons who have traveled to or originated from or have transited the Republic of India and the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The temporary ban is due to the rising numbers of persons in these countries infected with the COVID-19 virus. Otherwise, once you comply with the following requirements you'll be able to visit Belize.
2. Present a negative COVID-19 PCR Test
There are several options:
- Present upon arrival an Official Vaccine Card reflecting the receipt of the dual or single-dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival.
2. Present upon arrival a negative Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 96 hours of arrival in Belize.
3. Present upon arrival a Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Bisensor, ABBOT (Panbio) test results taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel
4. Get tested upon arrival (this will cost US$50). If your test is negative, there is no quarantine necessary.
Children under the age 5 are not required to present a negative test.
Testing at the airport will be done on a “Swab and Go” basis for tourists that will be staying in Gold Standard hotels. Only positive cases will receive notification from the Ministry of Health within 24 hours. Any positive tourist can quarantine at their Gold Standard hotel.
3. Book your stay in Belize with a Belize Gold Standard Certified Property
If you're visiting Belize for tourism purposes only, you will need to book your vacation at a Gold Standard Hotel. The Gold Standard does not mean that the hotel is a one-star or five-star (as per TripAdvisor’s rating). The Tourism Gold Standard is a new designation that is a 9-point program which enhances the tourism industry's health and safety standards with new behaviors and procedures to ensure both employees and travelers are confident in the cleanliness and safety. You can find a list of Gold Standard Hotels on this website.
4. Move around freely with certain restrictions
Tourists can move around freely but must adhere to social distancing protocols and wear a mask.
5. You can rent a car to move around Belize
Tourists can rent a car from approved rental companies at the International Airport, and the company will use GPS tracking for contact tracing purposes. You can also book ground transportation with Gold Standard tour operators only.
6. You can inspect Real Estate properties on your visit to Belize
Finally, yes, you can view properties on your vacation. However, you must have your own transportation and obey all security and safety measures. Check with your Belize Real Estate Agent for more details.
I am excited to see you in Belize! Please send me an email at [email protected] or give me a call/Whatsapp at +501-678-4000 to schedule viewing properties.